Pregnancy & Postpartum
Counseling & Therapy
in El Dorado Hills
Hey Mama. I’m glad you’re here. There is nothing more important, challenging and rewarding as this motherhood journey. It’s also a path filled with unexpected twists and turns, challenges and stress. I specialize in supporting new and expecting moms because I believe when mamas are thriving, their families thrive.
I am passionate about supporting Mamas through the journey of motherhood from pregnancy through postpartum (including support for Perinatal Mood Disorders such as Postpartum Depression and Postpartum Anxiety).
I help moms find new ways of being in the world with less stress and more joy.
Pregnancy and the postpartum period is a time of great emotional change and upheaval. Therapy can support you to be the mom you want to be.
I understand how important it is to have a safe and non-judgmental space to process the wild ride of motherhood. I understand the need for space to integrate your life before pregnancy and motherhood with your new normal.
I offer supportive guidance and skill building for all stages of the parenting journey.
If you are suffering with symptoms of postpartum depression and/or anxiety, please know that you are not alone. Slipping into feelings of fear, grief, overwhelm, sadness, rage, or worry, can take any new mom by surprise and it happens to many many women. You haven’t done anything wrong. You are still a good mom. You just need a helping hand to climb out of the darkness. Please let me help you navigate these challenges.
If you think you may be struggling with a postpartum mood disorder, see below for common symptoms. You can also call me for a complimentary 15 minute assessment to discuss what you’re experiencing.
Signs & Symptoms of Perinatal Depression:
- Angry & irritable
- Lack of interest in baby
- Appetite or sleep disturbance
- Crying & sadness
- Feelings of guilt, shame or hopelessness
- Loss of interest in things that previously brought you joy or pleasure
- Self harming thoughts (self or baby)
Signs & Symptoms of Perinatal Anxiety:
- Constantly worrying
- Fear that something bad is going to happen
- Racing thoughts
- Appetite or sleep disturbance
- Inability to sit still
- Physical symptoms like dizziness, hot flashes and nausea
I can help you with:
- Postpartum Depression
- Postpartum Anxiety
- Baby Blues
- Depression and/or Anxiety during Pregnancy
- Preparing for Birth
- Developing a Postpartum Care Plan
- Identity Loss
- Bonding with Baby
- Relationship Changes + Challenges
- Reasonable Expectations During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Parenting Support
- Integrating & Honoring Your Birthing Experience
- Pregnancy, Birth or Postpartum Trauma
- Understanding Your Family of Origin
Things You May Be Thinking About or Feeling:
- You don’t feel like yourself
- You don’t ‘like’ your baby
- You’ve heard about ‘postpartum depression’ but honestly you feel a bit scared to look into it because if you have postpartum depression you worry that means you’re not a good mom
- You’re feeling overwhelmed, insecure, in awe, exhausted, anxious…wondering if you’re doing this right, wondering when it’s going to get easier, wondering when you can just rest
- You’re feeling angry, sad, irritable, overwhelmed, constantly fighting with your partner, but assume it’s all normal and expected in early motherhood so you will just keep taking it one day at a time and hope it gets better
- You feel like you’re losing yourself and need to find some space to stay connected with who you are outside of mothering
- The birthing experience was…..magical, traumatic, baffling, terrible, ecstatic, humbling, empowering….and you need sacred space to integrate and honor the process of bringing life into the world
- You keep thinking about your parents and how you were raised, the challenges and the blessings, the hurts and the gifts, and you’re wondering how it all impacts you now that you’re a mom
- You’re feeling overwhelmed with all the parenting blogs, posts, books and advice and want to develop and trust your own mama intuition
- You are depleted and need a self-care plan
You are not alone. To find out more about how my unique approach to therapy and counseling can help you during this beautiful and challenging time. Please send me a message below or call/text met at 916.467.9539.