Pregnancy & Postpartum
Counseling & Therapy
in El Dorado Hills + Online
Hey Mama. I’m glad you’re here. There is nothing more important, challenging and rewarding as this motherhood journey. It’s also a path filled with unexpected twists and turns, challenges and stress.
My name is Kim Burris and I am a Holistic Psychotherapist that specializes in supporting mamas through the journey of motherhood from pregnancy through postpartum.
I help moms find new ways of being in the world with less stress and more joy.
If you are pregnant and preparing for birth, I can help you process lingering mental and emotional stress, and create some space and strength for whatever the birthing experience will bring you.
If you are a new mom and feeling stressed, confused, overwhelmed or struggling with more severe symptoms of anxiety, depression or ptsd, I can help you process and integrate your experiences, craft a self-care plan for alleviating your symptoms and support you as you grow into your new role as a mother.
As a mother of two who has struggled with both postpartum depression and anxiety I know THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. I know how hard it is to reach out for support, to be so brave and vulnerable in the most challenging and precious time in your life.
I support moms like you everyday because I believe that we all deserve support and guidance on this journey.
As a licensed marriage and family therapist with a background in yoga psychology and meditation, I offer evidence based treatment with a heart centered approach. I see clients in person in my El Dorado Hills office as well as online and have morning, evening and weekend appointments available. .
Therapy works. I will help you find balance, navigate the challenges, reconnect to your heart and find more ease and joy in motherhood and in your LIFE.
Call/Text me today to begin your journey. Change, growth and healing is possible, I truly look forward to hearing from you.
Signs & Symptoms of Perinatal Depression:
- Angry & irritable
- Lack of interest in baby
- Appetite or sleep disturbance
- Crying & sadness
- Feelings of guilt, shame or hopelessness
- Loss of interest in things that previously brought you joy or pleasure
- Self harming thoughts (self or baby)
Signs & Symptoms of Perinatal Anxiety:
- Constantly worrying
- Fear that something bad is going to happen
- Racing thoughts
- Appetite or sleep disturbance
- Inability to sit still
- Physical symptoms like dizziness, hot flashes and nausea
I can help you with:
- Postpartum Depression
- Postpartum Anxiety
- Baby Blues
- Depression and/or Anxiety during Pregnancy
- Preparing for Birth
- Developing a Postpartum Care Plan
- Identity Loss
- Bonding with Baby
- Relationship Changes + Challenges
- Reasonable Expectations During Pregnancy and Postpartum
- Parenting Support
- Integrating & Honoring Your Birthing Experience
- Pregnancy, Birth or Postpartum Trauma
- Understanding Your Family of Origin
Things You May Be Thinking About or Feeling:
- You don’t feel like yourself
- You don’t ‘like’ your baby
- You’ve heard about ‘postpartum depression’ but honestly you feel a bit scared to look into it because if you have postpartum depression you worry that means you’re not a good mom
- You’re feeling overwhelmed, insecure, in awe, exhausted, anxious…wondering if you’re doing this right, wondering when it’s going to get easier, wondering when you can just rest
- You’re feeling angry, sad, irritable, overwhelmed, constantly fighting with your partner, but assume it’s all normal and expected in early motherhood so you will just keep taking it one day at a time and hope it gets better
- You feel like you’re losing yourself and need to find some space to stay connected with who you are outside of mothering
- The birthing experience was…..magical, traumatic, baffling, terrible, ecstatic, humbling, empowering….and you need sacred space to integrate and honor the process of bringing life into the world
- You keep thinking about your parents and how you were raised, the challenges and the blessings, the hurts and the gifts, and you’re wondering how it all impacts you now that you’re a mom
- You’re feeling overwhelmed with all the parenting blogs, posts, books and advice and want to develop and trust your own mama intuition
- You are depleted and need a self-care plan
You are not alone. To find out more about how my unique approach to therapy and counseling can help you during this beautiful and challenging time. Please send me a message below or call/text met at 916.467.9539.