Interested in joining our team?
We’re currently seeking a licensed or pre-licensed clinician to join our team.
Please review the job posting below and if you’re interested send over your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kim Burris Psychotherapy, a holistic psychotherapy practice in El Dorado Hills, CA is looking for a licensed or pre-licensed clinician to join our team! We are currently offering in-office as well as virtual sessions. Option to work 100% virtual is available.
We are seeking a clinician who is passionate about maternal mental health and supporting new moms; additional training will be provided. Ideally you also love supporting clients dealing with anxiety, depression, trauma and spirituality/spiritual emergence.
We have a gorgeous office space in El Dorado Hills, provide clients and administrative support, as well as personal and professional development opportunities such as trainings, monthly meetings and community events.
We are looking for someone that practices relational and psychodynamic psychotherapy with a passion for transpersonal depth work. Ideally you experience this work as a sacred practice and honor the mind+body+spirit connection as foundational to healing and integration.
About Kim Burris Psychotherapy:
We believe that therapy is an opportunity for integration and growth and are passionate about providing evidence-based treatment with a heart centered approach. We strive to soften the stigma around going to therapy and view this work as a spiritual practice, both for the client and the clinician.
At Kim Burris Psychotherapy, we Value:
- Heart-centered communication.
- Relationships as a sacred container for growth; we honor the practice of creating and sustaining safe and loving relationships for ourselves, each other and our clients.
- Honoring the whole person, mind, body, heart and spirit.
- Kindness, compassion and respect for all people.
- A work environment that is welcoming, relaxing and supportive.
- Continued growth and education for ourselves as humans and clinicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site clinical counseling services to clients of Kim Burris Psychotherapy, as scheduled, and in accordance with Kim Burris Psychotherapy’s policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance and timely arrival to work is required.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Kim Burris Psychotherapy.
- Respond to clients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours whether such requests are made in person, by phone, voicemail, etc. or through the Company’s website. Respond to such requests by meeting, evaluating, and providing services to such clients.
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
- Complete written records each day for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, treatment plans, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents which may be needed or required from time-to-time by Kim Burris Psychotherapy or third parties in conjunction with the treatment of the client within a timely fashion (complete by the end of each work day in which client was seen). Keep client files accurate and up to date.
- Charge and collect payments from patients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Kim Burris Psychotherapy.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and training as directed by Kim Burris Psychotherapy.
- Conduct and regulate counseling services in a professional and ethical manner.
- Be respectful of and cooperative and collaborative with co-workers.
- Contribute education resources for the community (through blogging, running groups, lectures, etc), as directed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Resonate with the values of Kim Burris Psychotherapy.
- Must be punctual in reporting to work.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling or social work
- Have a current State of CA BBS registration as an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist OR an active, unrestricted California-licensed clinician registered and in good standing with the BBS.
- Available to hold at least 10-20 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Kim Burris Psychotherapy.
- Be extremely organized, responsible, and tech-friendly.
- Be a team player.
- Be able to work independently on tasks assigned.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in a private practice setting highly preferred.
- Have a background in and desire to work with new moms.
- Must feel comfortable seeing clients online and attending trainings/supervision remotely.
- For in-office sessions, must be able and willing to work one or more of the following days: Friday, Saturday + Sunday
This position perfect for you if you’re:
- Warm and deeply empathic.
- Confident practicing good boundaries with clients and colleagues.
- No stranger to the client experience in therapy.
- Committed to your own growth and practice good self-care.
- A life-long learner who seeks additional resources independently as needed.
- Aligned with your own sense of self.
- Looking to offer and receive support in a collaborative, fun work environment.
- Creative and engaged in providing excellent clinical work.
- Able to take direct and constructive feedback and run with it.
- Passionate about inclusive and equitable care for diverse people.
- Experienced in providing counseling services to adults, teens, and/or couples.
- Committed to destigmatizing therapy and willing to see at least one low fee client a week.
How to Apply:
Position reports to:
Kim Burris, LMFT, Owner
For consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject: Maternal Mental Health Position.
For more information about Kim Burris Psychotherapy visit www.kimburris.com.